piecing together your ECM
In order to maximise the benefits from your Intelligent Content Management solution and fully take advantage of the digital transformation within your business, you need to ensure that you have the key building blocks in place to provide applications that can manage and improve your business processes.
Must have features
- Document ManagementSecurely store and manage documents in a structured way, ensuring that the content and the context is captured.
- SearchProvide simple “google-like” access to find the documents or information the user requires.
- CollaborationImprove the way of sharing and working on documents, content and reports for both internal colleagues and external third parties, whether in project groups or one-to-one.
- Records managementMark a document as a point in time record and provide automatic disposal of information when required by legislation.
- Business process managementMap out and manage the flow of content and documents through a business process reducing the time taken to perform tasks and providing more accountability
- Document Capture and ConversionPaper information hampers the progress towards digital transformation. Therefore, it is imperative that hard copy information is converted and key information intelligently extracted, captured and stored within a location that is accessible by everyone that needs it, thus enabling powerful search, retrieval and reporting on your content.
- ArchivingMany organisations are required to keep content for many years, in most cases this content is never accessed but must be held for reference and in case of any litigation. Archiving provides the ability to move documents and information that is no longer needed for day-to-day operation onto cheaper storage medium.
- Reporting and AnalyticsProviding the facility to report on your content and processes, with the ability to drill down and understand your data, allowing you to make more informed business decisions.